Freelance Journalist, Award Winning Project Coordinator, Arts Marketer, Governance Officer and passionate advocate for a variety of causes
5 Skills to Succeed in a Squiggly Career
Amazing If, 2022
Career Development and Disability
The Influential Presenter
Horizon Training, 2019/2020
Effective Data Visualisation
Freedom of Information
Act Now, 2017
The Successful Team Member
Level 4 Accredited Diploma via Shaw Academy, 2015
BA (Journalism & Broadcasting)
First Class Hons
The University of Salford, 2013
Film Studies (A), Media Studies (A), English Language (C), English Literature (C)
Bury College, 2003
General Knowledge (B), History (C)
Bury College, 2002/2003
10 subjects – 5xA, 2xB, 3xC, 1xD
Siddal Moor, Heywood, 2001
I am a client-focussed team player from an entertainment journalism/marketing background, with a track record for championing great work and getting results. Always looking for a fresh challenge with organisations and individuals who share my passion for creating positive change in the cultural sector.
What I Do
Proof-reading and sub-editing
Social Media Campaigns
Presenting & Podcasts
Initially joining the team as an Administrator in 2016, I became an Assistant in 2017, left the team in 2019 and returned in 2020. I became an Officer in 2021. My duties involve:
• Responding to Freedom of Information requests and Rights Requests (GDPR/DPA)
• Handling Parliamentary Questions and DCMS Briefing requests
• Tracking Information Security Breaches
• Membership of the Information Governance Subcommittee
• Refreshing and renewing processes and logs, setting up and developing services, storage systems and conventions, and training documentation
18 month role to coordinate the setup and ongoing work of the Digital Culture Network: Arts Council England’s £1.1m transformation initiative to digitally up-skill the culture sector. Whilst working in this role, I received an ‘ACE People’ award for efficient project management and teamwork.
• Being an effective central contact point for both internal and external stakeholders, and supporting the Network’s implementation, development and monitoring.
• Coordinating a team of Tech Champions: assigning workload, managing travel arrangements and meeting organisation when required.
• Developing and maintaining management processes, stakeholder reporting and data analysis
• Working closely with external partners to enhance the CRM software, proactively dealing with quality control
• Developing the Network’s internal and external communications: working with stakeholders to coordinate announcements; driving content planning meetings; writing copy for press releases; providing editorial support to other team members for website, newsletter and events material.
• Commissioning consultants to develop the Network’s website, maintaining a working relationship with them and an understanding of the back-end procedures involved in hosting the platform. Leading on the final stages of development and deployment for a successful launch.
• Maintaining financial procedures around purchase orders and budgetary spend
Founded and led an online news website promoting an interconnected group of comedians, actors and other performers to 40,000 monthly readers in 161 countries. I developed strong relationships with artists, agents, press offices, venues, publishers, production companies and broadcasters, including the BBC, Channel 4, Sky Atlantic and UK TV.
I managed a writing team, and developed a house style to maintain a coherent brand across all platforms, whilst ensuring expenditure remained within budget.
By identifying resources, chasing suppliers and clients, and maintaining communication, this long term project allowed us to be involved in major promotional campaigns for a range of high-profile projects and artists including Noel Fielding, Adam Kay, Matt Berry, Sarah Kendall and many more. These campaigns involved a variety of different elements, from exclusive interviews, live events and interactive competitions to behind the scenes documentaries, ticket presales and discount codes.
TVO has made contributions to various promotional campaigns including:
• Television and Radio: Luxury Comedy, House of Fools, Crims, Mongrels, The Windsors, Brian Pern, The IT Crowd, Man vs Ride, Alice’s Wunderland, Carnival of Monsters
• Film: Sightseers, A Field in England, The Harry Hill Movie, Submarine, Bunny and the Bull
• Print: The Scribblings of a Madcap Shambleton, Brenda Monk is Funny, Tiny Acts of Rebellion
• West End: Jeeves & Wooster in Perfect Nonsense, The Ladykillers, Holes
• Edinburgh Fringe: Rich Fulcher, Colin Hoult, Paul Foot, Adam Kay, Katy Brand, Rachel Stubbings
• London Comedy Scene: The Forgery Club, Spank!, Austentatious, Kill Phil, The Mighty Boosh, Sarah Kendall